Monday, April 9, 2012

Sade: The Lover's Songbird



I love Sade. It's ironic how she's more popular in the U.S. than in her hometown of London. Few international artists are able to gain the type of fame Sade has done in the U.S. She is a wonderful performer! There's nothing like seeing artists perform with a live band. I remember listening to Sade with my father and we used to watch her live shows on VHS too. Sometimes, hearing Sade reminds me of those moments with him.

Sade exudes sexiness without even trying. Her sexiness is subtle but still at the forefront. I love that! Unfortunately, I couldn't afford to see her when she did her tour last year and I was very disappointed. Hopefully, I'll have another chance to see her in the future. The performance above is at a concert she did in the U.K. in 1983. The name of the song is called "Is It A Crime." The performance below is one she did in 1993 in San Diego of the song "Keep Looking". Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment